14K-18K GOLD VERMEIL
Plated jewelry is made by using electricity or chemicals to deposit and bond a layer of gold or rhodium over another metal. At Son Mias Jewelry we plate our pieces with 3.0 microns of gold that is 3x the industry standard.
Sterling silver is an alloy metal containing 92.5 percent silver and a 7.5 percent amalgam of other metals. Chosen for its strength and beauty, sterling silver can have a lifetime of durability.
Maintenance of Your Jewelry
Cleaning Your Jewelry
- Use mild soap and lukewarm water and soak your piece in the solution for 5 minutes.
- Gently scrub your piece with a soft bristled toothbrush or with your fingers. Make sure to really focus on the areas with the most build-up.
- Gently pat your piece dry with a soft cloth.
- Rinse and repeat if needed.
- If your piece is losing its shine, use a polishing cloth to help restore its original luster.
Day-to-day Preventative Care
- Put your jewelry on last when getting ready! Perfumes, lotions, and some cosmetics can accelerate tarnishing/ oxidize. Let these items settle into your skin before putting on your jewelry.
- Humidity is the enemy, Avoid pools and hot tubs, as the chlorine will damage the gold.
- Avoid swimming in the ocean, as the salt water can harm the jewelry.
- When you are not wearing your jewelry, it's very important to store it in a airtight baggie or jewelry case.
When exposed to oxygen, Sterling Silver will naturally oxidize over time. To slow this process, store your jewelry in an airtight baggie when not in use.
Put your jewelry on last when getting ready! Perfumes, lotions, and some cosmetics can accelerate tarnishing. Let these items settle into your skin before putting on your jewelry.
If you have further questions on how to care for your jewelry or want a little styling advice, our customer care team is here to help! firstname.lastname@example.org